*Grgich Hills Chardonnay
Grgich Hills Estate Grown Chardonnay, Napa Valley, USA
We did not allow the Chardonnay to undergo malolactic fermentation, preserving its natural acidity. The wine displays crisp Fuji apple, honeydew melon and a hint of cashew nut aromas and lavors.
- Dan Berger's International Wine Competition, 2017: Gold
- Decanter World Wine Awards, 2017: Commended
- International Wine Challenge, 2017: Silver
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, 2017: Silver
- The TEXSOM International Wine Awards, 2017: Silver
Miljenko “Mike” Grgich has been called “The King of Chardonnay” since the winery began in 1977, and you can taste why in this classically-styled wine. We did not allow the Chardonnay to undergo malolactic fermentation, preserving its natural acidity. This wine opens with fresh lemon and orange aromas followed by more subtle notes of lemon zest and a hue of marzipan. These notes follow onto the palate, with balanced acidity that carries through from the first sip to the last, giving the wine great freshness and minerality.